Rules of the Road
Here are a few simple rules to help keep the boards running smoothly. Thanks for reading!
For login issues, you may reach the moderation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Be polite. It makes the forum a happier place.
2) Use good grammar and spelling whenever possible.
3) If you use foul language, you will be warned. If you continue, you will be banned. If you are insulting toward other posters, you will be warned or banned depending on the severity of the offense. If you post inflammatory posts meant only to stir up trouble in the forums, you will be warned or banned depending on the severity of the offense.
If you spam the board, you will be banned. No warnings will be issued.
4) Stay on topic (as much as you can) when in a forum about a series, movie, or other Hallmark Channel-specific theme. Off-topic or personal posts are absolutely welcome in forums designated for OT discussion, namely in the Community Playground.
5) Only share information about your personal life and identity that you’re comfortable with the whole world knowing. Remember that this is a public forum, and your discussion can be searched for and found online.
6) Only post new threads about subjects that don’t already have an active thread.
7) Help each other. If you can’t find a thread or have a question about something, ask. Someone will point the way.
8) Check out the FAQ for more detailed information about posting, threads, private messages and more.
9) When posting, there are a number of visible buttons that will "code" your post with bold, italics, links and more. For details on how to use these buttons, please visit the BBCode page. The link to this page lives also under the smilies whenever you are writing a post.
10) When you are creating a post, hitting SAVE saves the post to your drafts, accessible from your user control panel. Hitting PREVIEW allows you to preview the post. Hitting SUBMIT sends the post live to the board.
11) The community team will try and answer technical questions, add board features when possible, and step in when there are issues with spam and trolls. However, while everyone is welcome to voice their opinions about scheduling, our team does not influence programming decisions. Just FYI.
12) If some users post messages that you don't care to read, you can mark the user as a "foe" in your user control panel and those posts will become invisible to you. Visit your control panel, click the "friends & foes" tab, and add the username to your foes list. In addition, if you need to flag a post for the moderation team, you may do so by clicking the exclamation point on the post.
13) Please remember that our terms of service (which you accept when you become a member of the community) allow our moderation team to remove, edit, close or move any post or topic should we see fit.
14) After a number of requests, we've added the ability to embed youtube videos. Click the youtube button in the format section above your post, and add the video ID (the part of the URL after the = sign) between the bracketed areas.
That’s it. Above all, have a great time on the boards. We hope you enjoy yourself here!