Beverly Lewis' The Confession

Discuss all the new movies on Hallmark Channel movies premiering on the network!

Beverly Lewis' The Confession

Postby Hallmark_Channel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am

Chat about the upcoming Hallmark Channel original movie "Beverly Lewis' The Confession" here. It stars Sherry Stringfield, Katie LeClerc and Adrian Paul. The movie is a sequel to "Beverly Lewis' The Shunning."
Hallmark_Channel
Site Admin

Adrian Paul stars in The Confession

Postby sheryl318 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Based on the novel by New York Times best-selling author Beverly Lewis, "The Confession" is the continuing story of Katie Lapp, a young Amish woman who goes on a journey in search of her identity - only to find herself embroiled in a mystery that must be solved before she can be reunited with the "Englisher" mother who gave her up to adoption 20 years earlier. Movie airs May 11, 2013.

The Confession star Adrian Paul has been nominated for the Bille Charity Challenge. Please vote daily to help his charity The Peace Fund win $32,000. These funds will help alot of needy kids around the world.

http://celebcharitychallenge.org/
http://www.thepeacefund.org
sheryl318

Re: Beverly Lewis' The Confession

Postby auggmorgan » Sun May 12, 2013 7:02 am

Just like the Shunning- I absolutely LOVED it- left me hanging at the the end for what I hope is the next movie-in-the-making. Please tell me there is another one to come! Can't Wait! Keep up the great work on GREAT family entertainment! Now it's off to the local library to find this author's books to read!
auggmorgan

Postby danib » Sun May 12, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm really enjoying The Confession! But why is the cast list on the hallmark channel website so incomplete? Who plays Daniel - Katie's love interest?!?

Great movie!
danib

Postby bretalie » Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Loved the movie. Now for a sequel???????
bretalie

Postby josef1 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 am

I was rather disappointed in the way the film ended, with Daniel left stranded standing on the street watching the limo pass by.
josef1

Postby Johnson615 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Does Hallmark Channel plan on releasing an mp3 download of the song "Be Thou My Vision?" I really liked the version used at the end of the movie. Thanks!
Johnson615

Postby Sammy4070 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm

I loved " The Confession". I think they should make the next book in the series into a movie now and not later. Because the way they left off in the confession will leave everyone antzy. If you know what i mean. It would be better if they did it now, so we can start watching the whole series to see how the movies evlove into each other. I know it would be the most exciting thing for me to get to experience. If this does not change your mind, then i guess there nothing else much i can do. thanks to whoever reads this.
Sammy4070

Postby DCELynn » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 am

I have read the entire series of Beverly Lewis' books and enjoyed the movie. However, I was troubled by its confusing geography. (I don't believe real towns were mentioned in the book as they were in the movie.)

The setting of most of the movie is New York. You have treated it as many people do who know little about the state--as if the geographically tiny area of New York City IS the entire state. Manhattan (where the husband found the actress who posed as Katie in the story) is part of New York City. The Bennetts' estate was said to be located in Canandaigua, New York (although the credits at the end of the film identify a filming location in North Carolina and not New York at all). This is on the western edge of the Finger Lakes region, over three hundred miles away from New York City. It is a long trip from Canandaigua to Manhattan, and it is unlikely that a person from the Finger Lakes region would make a casual trip there. That is the first geographical problem with the movie.

Also, Katie's letter had a return address from West Seneca, New York. Like Canandaigua, this is a real town. It is located in the suburbs of Buffalo--about 100 miles further from New York City than Canandaigua, on the extreme western edge of the state (close to Ohio). Katie's journey from West Seneca to Canandaigua was explained in the movie (her friend found the Bennett estate through Google), but WHY would Katie have gone to the extreme western section of the state in the first place if she only knew that her birth mother was from New York State? It would seem logical that she would have started searching in the central/eastern section of the state, not the region furthest from Lancaster County. (I should mention that, although I am a native of the Buffalo area, I lived close to Lancaster County, PA for several years and am familiar with the LONG drive from Buffalo, NY to Lancaster, PA.)

You may think that I am "nit picking" at an otherwise good movie, but I believe it is important for producers to do research ahead of time so "realistic" movies are accurate. If you are going to use the names of actual towns in a movie to add a touch of "realism," please make sure that they have validity within the context of the story line!
DCELynn

Postby pbob777 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 am

I watched "The Confession" on television and as is per usual, the credits were condensed to an unreadable font so promos could be run. I've tried since this first aired to find out who did "Be Thou My Vision" in the movie. The simplicity and sweetness gave an almost ethereal quality to the song. Would love to find it but information on it seems non-existent.

Thanks,
Pbob
pbob777

Return to Hallmark Channel Movies